Terms and Conditions of Rental
HuronBeaches – Phone: (519)529-7123 Mobile: (226)222-4353 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest Code of Conduct
Our vacation homes are available for guests to enjoy and experience. Please bear in mind that you will be a guest in someone’s residence located in a community with many year-round residents. To insure the quality of our homes and the peace and quiet of our neighbourhoods, all occupants must adhere to the following guest code of conduct and rental terms and conditions.
- Maximum Occupancy: Guests shall not exceed the published number of adults and children. Additional daytime guests are limited to a maximum of 4 and must depart before 10:00 PM. House parties and large gatherings are strictly prohibited.
- Noise: Guests must keep the volume of voices and music to a reasonable level.
- Trash: All other garbage items are to be bagged, tied closed and placed only in your vacation rentals trash bin or recycle bin. Please contact your management company if they are full.
- Parking: Please do not exceed the designated amount of parking provided on the property. Do not block neighbouring driveways or use others parking spots and maintain access for emergency vehicles at all times.
Please note before booking:
Please make sure this home and our policies are compatible with your group and intended use.
No Neighbor Disturbances – This rental agreement includes a Zero Tolerance Policy for noise disturbances, over occupancy or house parties. Violations will result in fines up to three (3) times the rental amount, rent and deposit forfeiture and immediate termination of occupancy with no refunds.
Ages and Use – Guest must disclose all occupant names and ages while booking. Confirmed Reservations may be declined solely at management or owner’s discretion. The person booking the rental must be 25 years of age or older.
No Refunds – Even the best or newest home has equipment that may occasionally malfunction and cannot be guaranteed operational 100% of the time. We do not move, relocate guests or issue refunds due to malfunctioning equipment or any other guest dissatisfaction or due to construction noise or any other items out of our control.
Please do not proceed with booking if you are not comfortable with these policies.
Guest agrees to read and abide by the Terms of this agreement and ensure all other occupants abide by these terms. As consideration for the rental and use of Vacation Rental Property during the lease term, Guest agrees to pay Manager for all items specified.
1.) Credit Card Guarantee: Guest agrees to provide Manager with a valid credit card for the duration of the reservation. Guest is offering the credit card as a guarantee. Guest certifies that he/she has read and agreed to abide by the terms of this agreement. Guest agrees to pay and authorise Agent to charge for physical damages to the property, evidence of smoking, non-approved pets, lost keys, excessive cleaning, mailing left behind items, other costs, and attorney’s fees associated with guest’s failure to fulfil the terms of the agreement. Guest will be notified and understands that all credit card sales are final.
Normal wear and tear is not considered damage. Since most damage is minor, we ask our guests to identify it so it can be repaired before the next guest’s arrival. You agree that any charges due to damage or theft to the Cottage due to either carelessness or deliberate actions of a guest(s) or invitees of a guest(s) shall be paid immediately upon request.
2.) Payment: Reservations shall be confirmed in writing by the Agency on payment of a deposit and applicable booking fee by credit card or e-transfer.
- Receipt of any deposit before the Agency’s written confirmation of the reservation shall not constitute acceptance of any booking.
- The balance shall be payable 30 days before the commencement of the vacation by cheque, money order or e-transfer.
- Where the Rental Period commences within 30 days of the reservation, full payment is mandatory on booking.
- All payments shall be made to the Agency by credit card, cheque, money order or email money transfer. (Visa or MasterCard only)
- Once a reservation is received and accepted by The Agent, The Guest is liable for payment of the balance of the rental fee, plus any additional charges, 30 days before the occupation of the property. Non-payment by the due date will be a cancellation, and the deposit will be forfeited.
3.) Cancellation: Any cancellation made by the Guest shall be in writing addressed to the Owner or his Agent at the address stated at the top of the terms of rental. The notification period starts upon receipt of the notice. Because of our small size, the last minute cancellation gives us little chance of filling the space. We, therefore, suggest that travel cancellation insurance is taken out for all parties included.
- Cancellations made 30 or more days in advance: you can elect to apply the full amount of your deposit towards a future stay with us (within one year). Or Owner shall refund to the Guest all monies paid (whether deposit or full payment has made), less a service charge of $50.
- Cancellations made less than 30 days in advance: no refund, regardless of the reason, unless we get the cottage rented for the entire original period, in which case, you get a refund of your deposit less a $50 handling/processing fee.
- In the unlikely event that circumstances beyond the Property Owner’s control necessitate the cancellation of the rental arrangement, the Property Owner reserves the right to cancel any bookings at any time and will only be liable to refund monies already paid by the Guest.
- In the unlikely event of cancellations by the Property Owner, the Owner will inform the Guest as soon as reasonably practicable and fully refund you any monies the Guest has paid.
- The Guest expressly acknowledges that in no event shall the Property Owner be held liable for any consequential or secondary damages including, but not limited to, any expenses incurred as a result of travel, cost of re-renting, etc.
- No refunds due to weather, road conditions, change of plans, or early departures. All Guest’s are financially responsible for the entire booking once they make the reservation. The Property Owner is not responsible for damages incurred due to weather or cost to evacuate Guests or vehicle
- In the late fall, winter, and early spring it is not uncommon to occasionally have hazardous road conditions. It recommended that all Guests during these seasons have four-wheel drive and/or winter tires. Winter road conditions and maintenance are not guaranteed. No refunds are due to road conditions.
4.) Check out / cleaning procedure: Each property is inspected, sanitised and cleaned before your arrival and after your departure. Guest should leave the property in the same general condition as at Check-In. Meaning the premises should be in a CLEAN & ORDERLY CONDITION.
a) Used dishes, cookware and equipment, should be washed and stored and counters and tables wiped clean.
b) Trash and recyclable bottles & cans should be bagged separately and placed in designated containers.
c) Floors should be free of debris (“broom clean”) and furniture carefully put back in place, taking care not to damage wood floors.
d) Used bed linens should be stripped and piled unfolded in the bedrooms and towels/bath mats in the bathrooms/tubs;
e) Please make sure all doors and windows are closed and locked.
f) All remote controls left in plain sight.
g) Refrigerator and cupboards should be left clean and free of perishable food.
h) Lounge chairs equipment, etc. put back in place.
i) BBQ cleaned with a brush.
j) Please turn-off lights, air conditioner, fans, appliances, etc.
Cleaning supplies and equipment are at the cottage. We do not charge a cleaning fee at the time of booking. We include a standard cleaning only.
While we don’t expect you to dust, scrub toilets or vacuum on your holiday, we would ask you to please keep the house clean and tidy (as it was when you arrived). Cleaning up spills helps protects the finish, and keeps the kitchen fresh while preventing little critters from feasting on your leftovers. Only use appliances for their intended uses. You will be assessed an additional cost if the vacation home requires more than a standard cleaning after your stay.
5.) Use of the Property/Limitation of Liability: The Guest will use the cottage and its facilities under these Rental Terms and Conditions and will do so at his/her own risk. The Guest and all occupants shall now indemnify and hold harmless the Manager and property owner against any and all claims of personal injury, property damage or loss arising from the use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Guests also expressly recognise that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Guests and if coverage
is desired, Guests they should purchase their insurance coverage.
6.) Information provided by Guest: The owner reserves the right to request additional information before confirming a booking concerning Guest’s place of employment, personal references, driver’s license and/or vehicle plate number.
The person named as “Guest” on the face of this form will be present at the cottage for the duration of the booking.
Only those persons named on the face of this form will be present at the cottage at any time. If all names are not known at the time of booking, these may be forwarded to the owner no later than ten days before occupancy.
For purposes of this agreement, an adult shall be persons 16 years of age or older.
7.) Falsified Reservations: Any reservation obtained under false pretence will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and rental money, and the party will not be allowed to check-in.
8.) Alternative Accommodation: In the highly unlikely event that the Owner shall be unable to arrange the holiday accommodation requested by the Guest the Owner shall attempt to arrange alternative holiday accommodation of a similar type and cost in a similar location as that originally requested by the Guest. If the alternative holiday accommodation and/or rate is not acceptable to the Guest, the Owner shall refund in full, to the Guest all monies paid by him/her to the Company. Any additional costs are the responsibility of the Guest.
Requests by the Guest for alternative accommodation and/or dates will be provided, only, if the original booking property/time can be re-booked, and will result in an additional administrative charge of $50.00.
9.) Alterations to Cottage Description/Inventory: The information contained in any printed and website materials, is believed to be accurate at the time of printing/viewing. However, the Property Owner reserves the right to make alterations to it and the Property Owner shall endeavour to inform the Guest of such alterations.
10.) Number of Persons Using the Holiday Accommodation: Guest understands and agrees that the number of persons overnight (including children and guests) shall not exceed the maximum number indicated in the Listing for that property and only those persons named as occupants/guests may be present at the cottage overnight.
- Day/evening guests are limited to 4 persons without prior authorisation from the Property Owner and/or their agent.
- Guests who contravene the maximum number stated for each cottage will be subject to immediate eviction without refund or an additional nightly charge of $200.00 per person, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Property Owner and/or their agent.
- There will be no subletting of the cottage property permitted. Where separate parties will be occupying the property at different time periods, booking forms must be completed for each party. Without limitation of the preceding, it is specifically prohibited for parents to sublease or rent the vacation home for their children under age 25.
- There shall be no camping, tenting, mobile sleeping units, or otherwise placing auxiliary accommodation facilities on the property without prior written authorization.
11.) Access: The Property Owner and/or agents shall be allowed access to holiday accommodation at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy. During your stay we may have some maintenance work done on the outside of the home such as mowing, trimming, cleaning BBQ, tidying up the patio and if required maintenance and repair.
12.) Pets, Smoking, & Other Conditions of Booking: Guests shall abide by this rental agreement. All such conditions apply to guests visiting the property, whether day visitors or overnight.
- Guests who contravene said conditions are subject to immediate eviction without refund and a penalty of $200.00 per day at the discretion of the Owner and /or agent.
- If pets are allowed on a property, the number of pets is restricted to two, unless prior, written authorisation is obtained by the Guest.
- Where a pet is permitted, all evidence of pet occupation must be removed from the Property and grounds at the end of the rental period.
- Pets are not permitted on any item of furniture, including beds, and evidence of pet hair on furniture and bedding may incur additional cleaning charges.
- Pets may not be left in a cottage or unattended on the property at any time. Pets must be on a leash while at the cottage and must remain within the property boundaries. Repeated wandering or excessive barking may result in neighbouring properties notifying local bylaw officers.
- Bringing a pet into a property that is not permitted or included in your registration information may result in an additional charge of up to $500, plus additional clean up fees.
- No Smoking is allowed in any dwelling. Any smoking may result in a fee of up to $500, plus additional cleaning fees.
- The Owner takes no responsibility for conditions arising from allergies at any cottage.
- Fireworks are strictly prohibited at all cottage properties.
- Campfires are only permitted in designated areas. Building a campfire, where none exists, is strictly prohibited. Guest will be held responsible for any fines or penalties assessed by the township for non-compliance with fire permits or fire hazard notices.
- Please note that there are noise by-laws in place for all townships in Ontario and that any infraction of those by-laws may result in penalties or fines which will be the responsibility of the Guest, and may also be cause for immediate eviction, without refund from the property.
13.) Equipment and Facilities Provided: The Guest must report any inoperative or defective equipment to The Agent promptly! The Agent will make every reasonable effort to have repairs made as soon as possible. While every attempt will be made to ensure that all the advertised equipment and appliances are in working order at the commencement of a rental period, no reduction of rent; rebate; or refund will be issued for a mechanical failure of air conditioning, dishwasher, washer, dryer, TV or other non-essential appliances.
14.) Damage Repair: Guest is to replace any part of the Property or the furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects damaged or destroyed with similar articles of at least equal value. Or if the Owner requires, pay to the Owner the cost of such part of the Property destroyed or damaged or caused by pets. Report details of any damage done to the Property or any of the furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects to The Agent immediately. The Guest shall not rearrange the furniture or fixtures in the cottage.
15.) Early Departure: The Guest agrees to notify the property agent if they leave the property before the checkout date noted on the Booking Confirmation.
16.) Refunds: If a breakdown should occur to fundamental elements such as water systems, plumbing and electrical systems, and major appliances such as stove or refrigerator, every effort will be made to repair or replace. If the amenity cannot be replaced or restored to reasonable use within 12 business hours, an appropriate refund may be made, at the discretion of the agent. No refunds apply to system breakdown caused by misuse, such as plumbing blockages caused by inappropriate use of sanitary facilities.
The Owner is not liable, nor will provide a refund, for any stoppage of electrical services caused by extreme weather or other circumstances beyond his control or any failure of public utilities. Similarly, there will be no refunds for inclement weather, changes in water levels, conditions at neighbouring cottages, or any nuisance afforded by the natural elements of Cottage Country living such as insects or the animal population.
In any case, the amount of refund shall in no case exceed the amount paid in rental fees.
17.) Governing Law: The laws of the Province of Ontario shall apply to any disputes arising out of this contract and any other claims. Each party agrees to the province of Ontario having subject-matter jurisdiction over the matters arising under this Agreement. Any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall only be instituted in the province of Ontario. Each party waives any objection which it may have now or hereafter to the laying of the venue of such action or proceeding and irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of any such court in any such suit, action or proceeding.
18.) Electronic Documents Act: By selecting “I Agree, Reserve this Property” on the booking interface of the huronbeaches.ca website, the Guest understands and agrees that they are entering into a legally binding agreement as per the authority Ontario Electronic Commerce Act, RSO 2000.
For ease of drafting only, the Guest has been referred to in the singular and in the masculine gender. References to Guest shall be made in the singular and feminine gender, or in the plural, as the context may require.